Monday, November 1, 2010

Jacob's playing soccer

Jacob wanted so desperately to sign up for soccer with Jaimen. Well, we got him signed up, but he ended up NOT getting on the same team as Jaimen. So- he was all on his own, but he had so much fun and he really is SUCH a good soccer player! This is him striking a pose after one of his games..... This is actually a huge rock that is pretty difficult to climb.. but he manages. This is what Samantha does during the games. Sometimes she will sit and watch, but sometimes she just can't stand looking at the huge hill next to the field and just HAS to roll down it.
This is what Joshua does during the games. He plays with his own soccer ball. He is a NATURAL! He LOVES to kick a ball. Both of my boys must take after their dad, who also played soccer....




When Jacob had to sit out for a break, Joshua decided to sit on his lap because Jacob was sitting in "his" chair- which actually was not "his" chair at all.... it was Jacobs..but, Jacob got injured and wasn't happy about it. Poor kid! (look at Joshua and how he is laughing that he beat up on his brother! LOL!).
Jacob making a goal!

Jacob blocking the goal... they don't really have goalies at this age, but Jacob sure knows what to do when the ball gets too close.
Jacob kicking the ball.... This is his coach in the background...
This was a picture of Jacob after his last game. They don't do banquets here in Utah.. a little strange. So- when the whistle blows.. that's it.

Oh, but the coach does pass out a certificate (which he didn't sign) and a little soccer necklace...no trophy or anything. I wonder if they do that for ALL ages? Hmmm... It was fun watching him play though. He is very good and I can see me being a soccer mom for a very LONG time, which I will thoroughly enjoy!












1 comment:

K P said...

I think that I had a Provo City T-ball shirt from playing on my cousin's team one summer. Since I was the last kid to get a shirt, it was huge on me. I think that I was rocking a Provo City T-ball shirt all the way to jr high.

I miss that shirt...